Prof. Dr. Ana Bianchi
Director, Department of Perinatal Medicine and Ultrasound University Hospital, Pereira Rossell Montevideo, Uruguay email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Ana Bianchi is currently the Director of the Department of Perinatal Medicine and Ultrasound of the University Hospital Pereira Rossell in Montevideo, Uruguay. She also holds the position of Director of the Perinatal Units of the two biggest private maternities of the country. She joined the Uruguayan School of Medicine as an Assistant Professor in 1993, with the role of developing perinatal medicine and ultrasound in the country.
She graduated Medical Doctor from the School of Medicine of the University of Uruguay (UDELAR) in 1980, where she also graduated as an Obstetrician and Gynecologist in 1993, During this period, she also received training in the Latin American Centre in Perinatology and Human Development (CLAP), a technical Centre of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and World Health Organization (WHO).
She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Antoine Beclere Hospital (Paris, France) with Prof. Emile Papiernick between 1983-1986, and was subsequently a Resident in Laennec Hospital with Prof. Jean Yves Neveux and Laurent Fermont in the echocardiography unit. She attended the Fetal Medicine Foundation programs in London King’s College with Prof. Kypros Nicolaïdes in 1999.
She is an active member of both National and International Scientific Societies, and has organized numerous National, Latin-American and International courses in the field of prenatal diagnosis, fetal malformations, echocardiography and fetal therapy. She has been author and co-author in over 20 books and over 20 scientific publications in national and latinamerica Journals. Her main contribution has been in the field of prenatal diagnosis, fetal malformations, echocardiography, fetal Doppler and fetal therapy.
INTERNATIONAL POSITIONS & SCIENTIFIC TITLES
- . Vice-President of the World Association of Perinatal Medicine (WAPM) (2011-2015)
- . Director of the Ian Donald Inter-University School of Medical Ultrasound – Uruguayan Branch (since 2005), and Latin America Director (since 2009)
- .Member of the International Academy of Perinatal Medicine
- .Member of the Executive Board of the International Society “The Fetus as a Patient”
- .Coordinator of the Latin American Program of Fellows in Perinatology in the Latin American Federation of Perinatology
- .Scientific President of the IX Congress of Perinatal Medicine in Development Countries (WAPM), Asuncion-Paraguay (2016)
- .Scientific Co-coordinator of FIGO Regional Conference of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Colombia (2013)
- .Scientific President of the X Congress of Perinatal Medicine (WAPM), Punta Del Este – Uruguay (2010)
- NATIONAL POSITIONS & SCIENTIFIC TITLES
- President of the Uruguay Society of Perinatology (Since 2014)
- Member of the National Committee of Ethics in Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASSE, since 2013)
- President of the Alvarez-Caldeyro Barcia Foundation, NGO leading policies for premature pregnancies and perinatal diagnosis in Uruguay (since 2015)
- EDITORIAL POSITIONS
- Co-Editor of the Journal of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member of the Editorial Board of:
- – The Journal of Perinatal Medicine;
- – The Journal of Perinatology and Human Reproduction of the National Institute of Perinatology (Mexico);
- – The Brazilian Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FEBRASCO)
- – The Journal of the Iberoamerican Society of Prenatal Diagnosis
- – The Journal of the Latin-American Federation of Perinatology
- -Perinatal Cardiology Journal –
- -International Journal of Childbirth Associated Editors.
LECTURES AND VISITING PROFESSORSHIPS
She has lectured extensively at both national and international congresses in Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia since 1993. She was invited as a Visiting Professor in Weil Cornell Medical College (New York, USA) (November 2010). She visited the Department of Prof. Yves Ville (Paris, France) in 2008. She visited The Institute the Research Branch in Perinatology directed by Prof Roberto Romero Detroit Usa 2012
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
Distinguished with The Liley Medal in the Fetus as a Patient Congress Belgrade 2017
Distinguished Latin American Professor, Latin American Federation of Perinatal Medicine (FLAMP), 2016.
Honorary Member of the Brazilian Society of Ultrasound (2014) – “Comendador”
Honorary Professor, Dubrovnik International University, School of Health Science (2012)
Honorary Member of the Paraguay Society of Perinatology (2011).
Ariel Award from the Uruguayan Scientific Society for her scientific contribution to the country (2008)